Session chairs are kindly requested to help with the followings in chairing your session:
- Note the time allocated for each paper in your session. Each Long Presentation paper is allocated 25 minutes (20 minutes for the presentation plus 5 minutes for discussions). Each Regular Presentation paper is allocated 20 minutes (15 minutes for the presentation plus 5 minutes for discussion).
- Arrive at the room of the session 10 minutes before the session starts and identify each of the speakers for the session. A “Session Report Sheet” will be provided by our staff for you to fill during your session
- Suggest each speaker to keep corresponding time for discussions (questions and answering), and for transition to the next presentation. If a presentation extends into the time for discussions, please shorten the discussions accordingly or postpone the discussions until after the session. Do not allow presentations or the subsequent discussions to spill beyond the starting time of the next presentation.
- If the presenter of a paper is absent (“no-show”), please continue to the next presentation. Please check again at the end of the last presentation whether the “no-show” shows up. Best efforts have been made to reduce the number of no-shows; however, they might not be eliminated.
- Complete your “Session Report Sheet” and return it to the registration desk after your session. This sheet is highly important to check “NO SHOW” presentations and essential to keep the quality of the presentations in PAKDD.
- Each presentation room will have a computer and a data display. The speakers can bring their presentations on USB sticks or connect their laptops to the display. The speakers are required to bring any necessary connectors for their laptop if doing so.